17.3.12

AVOCADO DAY

My day was filled with green things.

The table at Reuben Hills was green.

Then, my brunch was green & delicious! 
Avocado, coriander and lime on sour dough bread.

My second brunch wasn't so green, but it was divine!
(I was starving)
Brioche with lime curd.

The sidewalk was green... 

And lastly, my dinner was green!

I got the idea from Veggie num num, but didn't have all the ingredients.
I decided to make it my way, but hopefully just as yummy!

*

Avocado & Pea Mash Pasta with Lime Juice & Toasted Pine Nuts
(Serves 2)

1 avocado (mashed well)
1 cup of peas
1 clove of garlic (finely minced)
1/3 cup of toasted pine nuts
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Juice of half a lime
Salt to taste
Pasta of your choice

Boil the peas until they are soft.
Drain & rinse the peas under cold water.
Mash the peas, but leave it lumpy for texture.
Combine the avocado, peas, garlic and lime juice in a bowl and mix well.
Season with salt to taste.
Boil your pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
Place the cooked pasta in your bowl/plate of choice.
Spoon the avocado and pea mash over the pasta.
Sprinkle the toasted pine nuts.
Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil.
Devour!

No comments:

Post a Comment